Third Thursday of each month, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
in the Methodist Youth Center
The job transition ministry is designed to help those who are in job transition, whether they are unemployed or currently employed. We meet the third Thursday of every month in the Methodist Youth Center large room. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm and includes free resume reviews, networking, guest speaker and an industry guide program. All are welcome, you do not have to be a member of the church to attend. The program is free.
Septmber Job Transitions
Thursday, November 21, 6:30-9 p.m.
Methodist Youth Center
The November 21 featured speaker is LynnMarie Earl. A motivational speaker for 20 years, LynnMarie earned her MBA from the College of William and Mary. She is a consultant, executive coach and the author of “Yes, He Actually Said That” and the business book, “Business Tips for Life,” which offers ideas from many of her seminars. LynnMarie is also the author of a Christian book is titled, “Essays of Encouragement.”
LynnMarie is director of Realm Ministries, a local 501(c)3 organization that provides help to families in transition.
If you or someone you know is currently in job transition, we would like to offer our prayer support. Simply visit the Prayer Chapel, room 335 of the Trinity Building, place a resume in the Job Resume Prayer Ministry notebook and we will be in prayer.
To gain access to job seekers' resources and support prior to an event, please contact Jeff Ivan, 404-333-3248.
For a Calendar Listing of Networking Opportunities
in the Atlanta Area, click here
To join our Yahoo Group and receive job postings and other networking and job search information, follow the steps below.
- Click here to join.
- Enter AFUMCCareerResources into the Yahoo Groups Search box.
- Click AFUMCCareerResources to access.
- Click "Join this group" button in the upper right hand corner.
- You’ll be asked to enter your Yahoo! ID. If you don’t have one, register by clicking "Sign Up" at the top of the page.
- Set your membership preferences. Choose the profile you'd like displayed to the group, select the email address at which you'd like to receive group messages, choose how you receive group messages, and more.