Third Thursday of each month, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
in the Methodist Youth Center
The job transition ministry is designed to help those who are in job transition, whether they are unemployed or currently employed. We meet the third Thursday of every month in the Methodist Youth Center large room. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm and includes free resume reviews, networking, guest speaker and an industry guide program. All are welcome, you do not have to be a member of the church to attend. The program is free.
This Month's Job Transitions Ministry
Thursday, January 15, 6:30-9 p.m.
Methodist Youth Center
This month, we'll have a panel discussion to address topics identified by those in job transition. A few of the topics include:
- Accountability Groups,
- How to work your target company list,
- Researching the company and employees before an interview,
- Local job networking resources, and more.
In addition to the Panel Discussion we'll offer free resume reviews, networking and an industry guide program. If you have any questions, please contact Mary Fletcher
If you or someone you know is currently in job transition, we would like to offer our prayer support. Simply visit the Prayer Chapel, room 335 of the Trinity Building, place a resume in the Job Resume Prayer Ministry notebook and we will be in prayer.
To gain access to job seekers' resources and support prior to an event, please contact Mary Fletcher.
For a Calendar Listing of Networking Opportunities
in the Atlanta Area, click here
To join our Yahoo Group and receive job postings and other networking and job search information, follow the steps below.
- Click here to join.
- Enter AFUMCCareerResources into the Yahoo Groups Search box.
- Click AFUMCCareerResources to access.
- Click "Join this group" button in the upper right hand corner.
- You’ll be asked to enter your Yahoo! ID. If you don’t have one, register by clicking "Sign Up" at the top of the page.
- Set your membership preferences. Choose the profile you'd like displayed to the group, select the email address at which you'd like to receive group messages, choose how you receive group messages, and more.