Alpharetta Methodist Preschool is seeking:
- Part-time lead teacher, 2 days a week (Tues./Thurs.)
- Co-teacher, 3 days a week (Mon./Wed./Fri.)
Work hours are 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
General Job Description:
- Each classroom has two teachers: a lead teacher and an assistant or co-teachers.
- Responsible for the care of children in a loving, Christ-centered, learning environment. Each teacher is challenged to show Christ’s love, to the young child through words and actions.
- Respect confidentiality of the Preschool staff and the Preschool children and their families.
- Maintain a smooth-running, organized classroom.
- Communicate effectively with parents each day.
- Each teacher is required to keep a first aid, CPR and AED certificate active.
Examples of Duties/Responsibilities:
This position requires excellent communication skills, organization skills and a love for children. The qualified candidate should possess a solid commitment to Jesus Christ.
Planning and maintaining age-appropriate lesson plans for the young child, including but not limited to, colors, shapes, numbers, the alphabet, seasonal and Christian crafts following a curriculum.
Run the class in an orderly manner according to the daily schedule.
Attend monthly staff meetings or additional meetings/trainings as deemed necessary.
Abide by all policies and procedures outlined in the Preschool Staff Handbook.
Character and Nature of Position:
The position of a Preschool Teacher provides effective leadership in the classroom through complete support of the mission of Alpharetta Methodist Preschool: Excellence in education with a Christ-centered foundation, fostering a lifetime love for learning and creating leaders in Christ, which is thoroughly integrated into the ongoing activities of the classroom and clearly evident to all students, teachers, parents and the community at large.
To apply, print and complete the application form and submitted it to Tricia Gorder, Preschool Director, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, Attn. Tricia Gorder, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009.