Full-Time Accounting Specialist
Do you dream of working on a team where the work you do contributes to a mission that really matters? Do you lose track of time working with numbers and fine-tuning processes to make things run more smoothly? Alpharetta Methodist Church is searching for an Accounting Specialist. This is a key role providing support and expertise with financial matters such as managing and processing accounts payable and payroll, working with staff benefits and records, and handling a variety of projects within the Finance Office.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent accounting skills, preferably with fund accounting
- Proficient with accounting software, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with hard deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Persons with experience with ACS (Automated Church Systems) and church office experience will be preferred. Candidates cannot be a member or attendee of Alpharetta Methodist Church due to nature of the work; however, candidates should be active in a Christian faith community.
To be considered, please send 1) a letter of introduction outlining the reason you are interested in the position and 2) your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.