The Communications Office makes every effort to publish submitted information via available communications channels. Submissions are reviewed regularly to ensure information is received within the designated deadlines, is complete and accurate, reflects the mission of our congregation and fits with the overall communications strategy of our church.
The media in which your information will be published is at the discretion of the Communications Office, as are editorial decisions for brevity, clarity, style, etc.; placement of newsletter articles; headlines; and timing and frequency of publication. Submitted information may be published in all or some of Alpharetta Methodist media channels based on a number of factors including timing, available space, the complexity of publicity requests and the church’s over-arching communications strategy.
Our goal is to effectively promote your activity or event for maximum participation. Depending on the size of your event and the targeted audience, the Communications Office may need to prepare graphics or marketing pieces. You can help by submitting your event details on these deadlines:
- Large events requiring registration:Four months prior to the opening of the registration period. (Example: Vacation Bible School)
- Large events that do not require registration:Two months prior to the event. (Example: Coffee House)
- Mission/ministry events requiring registration:One month prior to the opening of the registration period. (Example: Bible studies)
- Events that do not require registration: Three weeks prior to the event. (Example: a drop-in/fellowship event)
- General announcements:Two weeks prior to the date you would like your announcement published.